Sunday, July 4, 2010

Stopping Point

All. I have to stop this little experiment in the history of the anomalies [especially with focus on UFOs] . Hopefully the stoppage will be brief or moderate anyway. Things in Wheeling make this really hard to trudge on. Very little feedback on anything plus the occasional carping about my refusal to believe in every possible thing makes it unrewarding as well. Add to that a daily life with high points like arranging a prepaid funeral, or cleaning up a Will, or organizing bank accounts et al, ahhh, joy indeed. The straw that has broken me was when the high winds at home brought my willow tree down on my house, and I am 500 miles away from being able to deal with that. So, I am going to shed some lead. I don't like it, and if any of my UFO buddies wants to take over and occasionally produce blogs here, e-mail me at my "home" address and I'll tell you what the codes are to get in the saddle. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------In the midst of all this negativity, my Mother remains much the same each day [a blessing for the most part] and has actually had two more brief psychic manifestations at the old historical home where she lives. [one a brief vision of a lady leaving the room, and the other the moving aside of the draperies on her bedroom window]. So, even awash with mundane crud, my life is still lightly touched by the spiritual. Thank God at least for that, and may The Force be with all of you while I'm silent.

12 comments:

  1. Such a pity to stop, I always enjoyed reading your blog ..maybe I should have said something, a few words of encouragement or a thankyou. Best wishes for the future Professor

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed your posts--tho I only found them recently---life can get in the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always enjoyed your posts too, and have found them extremely provocative. So sorry about your Mom, and hope things get better for all of you soon. Speaking from experience with aging parents, "this too shall pass," hard as it may be to believe right now. Hope to see you back in the blog-saddle soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Professor,

    This is the best UFO-oriented blog I read, and here's hoping that you return when the time is right. In the meanwhile, take care of life's events. Best wishes to you, your mom, and those close to you.

    - Steve Muise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Professor,

    Yours was one of the few blogs I followed via the follow button. As a paranormal blogger myself and concerning the lack of `feedback' - I have started, about a month ago - The C Influence Blog - which has 8 other paranormal bloggers like yourself (many carried on The Anomalist - like you) who have gathered together as one discussion voice on various esoteric ideas. I'd like to invite you to be a writer on my new blog and invite you via the sign-up that I can send out with your real address E-mail wise. Anyway, please check out http://thecinfluenceblog.blogspot.com -- and E-Mail me if you have an interest. I hope you do.

    Rick Phillips masters4ever@aol.com

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Prof.

    Best wishes to you and yours. We are well past your words 'brief stoppage,' and deep into 'moderate'. A friendly suggestion: how about jumping back into the saddle? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks, but resuming the blog at this time just doesn't fit the circumstances of my continual grind with care, coupled with the lack of my research library's availability. I have never been able to tolerate shallowness nor unoriginality in my writings, as I consider both a waste of everyone's time. Depth and creativity/insight, however, are not best served by my current circumstances. I am going back to Michigan for a unique two-week period soon, but even then, the big UFO history book project of the UFO History Group has jumped up and required me to step into a gap and write up the French GEPAN project---so no time there probably either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uncle Prof,
    Thanks for all that you're doing for Grandma. As for continuing the big study, you've given us a healthy amount of stuff to chew on in the interim. I am hopeful that this stopping point will turn out to be a mere lunch break in time and that class will resume some day. In the meantime, take care.
    JDB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Prof,

    I totally understand as I've been in your position as well. I love your blog and had fallen behind on reading it, so your sabbatical will give me time to catch up. I hope you pick it up again at some point as The Big Study is only blog I read. I hope things improve. Please take care.
    Enjay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Professor, your thoughtful insights are much missed. I have learned a great deal from this blog. Thanks for all you have done for facilitating the discussion, and I hope you will be back someday (hopefully soon).

    ReplyDelete
  11. To everyone who has commented---thank you; the encouragement is appreciated. My "schedule" in this phase of my life is just not conducive to preparing substantial things for you to read. My main 5-hour "shift" [everyday] with my mother [c.11am to c.5pm] effectively gasses me out and the evenings are relatively mindless {other than my few remaining duties in creating the UFO History Group's massive [probably 600+page] book documenting the real inside-government story [purely from official documents] on the handling of UFOs.} "My" 16 chapters are finished; the non-US chapters are close to finished; the rest of the team's editing and structuring labors are well along. With luck we'll be able to present you with the most powerful book on the UFO phenomenon ever written by next summer. I'm proud of this; very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all the work you have done here. It is and will continue to be much appreciated. The internet needs more people willing to offer original content and ideas for all of us to ponder. I greatly enjoyed reading this blog. I regret not letting you know of that sooner. Good luck with your issues and I hope to read more of your writings in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Followers